Access the Ancient Healing Power of Hand Drumming for Optimal Health. No drum or musical experience needed – ALL YOU NEED IS A BEATING HEART to experience RHYTHM BLISS!
Registration for Mindful-Hand Drumming group classes at Drum Mama Studios has begun. Here is our SPRING 2019 SCHEDULE…
- Intro to Mindful Hand Drumming – Rhythm Zone 1 (Thursday Evenings)
- Intermediate Mindful Hand Drumming – Rhythm Zone 2 (Sunday afternoons or Wednesday Evenings)
- Intermediate/Advanced Rhythm Bliss Ensemble Rhythm Zone 3 (Tuesday Evenings)
- Ongoing Weekday-Daytime Mindful Hand Drumming
Last Class of Winter March 20th, 2019 classes restart April 3rd, 2019 (NO class April 17 or April 24th)
Rate – See Drop In passes below.
Learn how to play basic hand drum tones on the djembe while staying relaxed and at ease. We’ll learn some popular African, Afro-Cuban, Caribbean and Braziliean rhythms , we’ll explore different poly-rhythms (more than one rhythm at the same time), and enjoy meditating through the spirit of the drum. The focus is on experiencing the joys of hand drumming, of connecting in mind/body and spirit and with others in the rhythm circle.
5. Fridays – Rhythm Zones 2 and 3 (11:15am-12:30pm)(Intermediate/Advanced):
NOTE: Last class of Winter March 22nd, 2019, Restart for Spring April 5th (NO class April 19 or April 26th)
Rate: See drop-in passes below
Prerequisites: knowledge of basic drum tones, understanding of syncopation. Contact Alexandra if you’re not sure which level is appropriate for you.
Learn Left/Right hand independence, experience playing poly-rhythms, work on soloing patterns and continue to enjoy connecting in rhythm with group members while finding your unique drum voice.
10 Class Passes For Ongoing Weekday Daytime Classes
Please select the option you want (3 or 6 months, with or without drum rental) from the drop down menu below:
Don’t use Paypal? We accept the following payments:
- Interac email transfer to email@example.com
- Cheque payable to Alexandra Millman
- Cash at your first class